Robotic vacuum cleaners are growing in popularity because they provide convenience to homeowners. These compact machines clean and sweeps the home automatically. Cleaning and mopping the floors is now easy because of robotic vacuums.
Benefits of Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
Since their launch, robotic vacuum cleaners guaranteed consumers that they could clean surfaces that are not usually reached. These benefits include:
- Convenience. If you do not have the time to clean your house, the robotic vacuum cleaner will do the job for you. It has vacuuming and mopping features. Because of its small design, it can also reach places that you usually do not clean such as under the bed, furniture, or cabinet.
- Cleaning schedule. You can create a programmed schedule for your robotic vacuum cleaner. You can set it to switch on at a specific time, and you can indicate how long the vacuum should clean the house.
- Some robotic vacuum cleaners have two functions. They can become a mop and a vacuum cleaner. If you have no time to do some quick cleaning, this type of vacuum is ideal for you.
- Compact. The vacuum has a small design that makes it easy to store. It only requires a small space where you can just slide it in.
Limitations of Robotic Vacuum Cleaners
Despite the technological advancements, robotic vacuum cleaners still have their limitations. Some of their drawbacks include:
- Limited cleaning abilities. Although robotic vacuum cleaners provide convenience when it comes to keeping your floors clean, they still have limited reach. They cannot reach high areas such as the walls and the ceilings.
- Built for flat surfaces. Robotic vacuum cleaners are only suitable for flat areas such as the living room, kitchen, or bedroom. This vacuum cleaner is not fit for uneven surfaces and staircases.
- Too pricey. This type of automated appliance does not come cheap. If you want the best, you need to pay a high price. Robotic vacuum cleaner prices range from £200 to £650.
- Vacuum-proofing is needed. Robotic cleaners cannot choose which items to clean. They are only programmed to vacuum surfaces. Therefore, you should not leave any valuables lying around. They will suck in anything that can fit into their suction holes.
- Maintenance is still required. These vacuum cleaners are usually small and compact. Because if their size, they can only hold so much dirt inside their dustbins. It is important to empty the dustbin after each cleaning cycle.
Automation promises to make people’s lives easier. Home appliances are the most common items that are automated today. With the help of technological advancements, simple items such as a television or a vacuum cleaner have become smarter. Because of automated machines, daily chores are now easier to do.
Before you purchase a robot vacuum cleaner for your home, it is essential to weigh in its pros and cons. You should also factor in your budget. Ask yourself if this kind of vacuum cleaner is necessary. You need to assess your home and determine if you need a vacuum for the floor or you need a vacuum that can also clean other areas.