Before purchasing a floor mopping robot for your home, read this buying guide first to know the ratings of the top-rated robot mops today and which one is suitable for your needs.
Best Mopping Robot Buying Guide
Cleaning your home every day is not an easy job. However, the cumbersome task of mopping and vacuuming are inevitable chores that will require time and physical effort from you.
Most people do not have the time on their hands to clean their floors on a daily basis and have no choice but to do it over the weekend. But dirt and grime collected and acquired over the whole week will take a long time to get rid of using a bucket and mop combo.
Fortunately, today there are mopping robots that can do all the dirty job for you, literally. You don’t have to drag your mop and bucket anymore when cleaning your space. With a few simple setting tweaks, you can sit back, relax, and watch while your robotic mop sucks up dirt and debris and mop your floors. If you’re ready for a high-tech way of cleaning your home, go to cleanup.expert website to find out more.
What’s a Robotic Mop?
A robot mop can make your cleaning life easier. It’s a convenient appliance that takes care of light mopping and vacuuming tasks for you. You’ll have more time on your hands to do other things around your house as it only requires minimal effort from you to operate.
There are other benefits of using a mopping robot. The dirt buildup level on your hardwood floors is lessened when running it every day. Furthermore, you can free the closet of your upright vacuum and mop since it can do the job of these two cleaning tools. A robot mop is a valuable appliance that can suck dirt, sweep, mop, and scrub your floors efficiently.
Top 3 Robotic Mop Review
Choosing the right robot mop for your needs can overwhelm you as there are plenty of available options out there. Aside from features, there are other important things you need to consider such as room size, budget, etc. To give you a better idea of which ones you can check out, here’s a list of the best three robotic mop available in the market today.
1. iRobot Braava 380t
The iRobot Braava 380t robotic mop is lightweight and ideal for cleaning large areas and confined spaces like your bathroom and kitchen. It features a smart navigation system, and its turbo charge cradle can charge it in less than two hours. It only comes with three button functions for easy usage including power, sweep, and mop. Moreover, it comes with dry sweep and damp mop cleaning modes.
This convenient cleaning tool works best on linoleum, hardwood, marble, tile, vinyl, and other bare floor surfaces. It also comes with a handle that lets you easily charge or carry it around. Watch the full iRobot Braava 380t Review to learn more about the product.
- Provides accurate coverage.
- Can sweep and mop.
- The design is really nice and lightweight.
- Noise is low.
- Easy to use with a great navigation system.
- It comes with small pads.
- Does not have a specialised cleaning solution.
- There are times when connecting to the Navigation Cube can take time.
- May not work very well with really dirty floors.
2. iRobot Braava Jet 240
The iRobot Braava Jet 240 has all the things you need to keep your floors spick and span at all times. It’s a fantastic entry level mopping robot that can clean various types of floors such as tile and hardwood.
The Jet 240 has a compact design and can get into tight spaces easily such us below your cabinets and corner areas. You can use it to damp or dry sweep your floors, making it great for cleaning your kitchen, living room, and bathroom. It also features an intelligent navigation system just like its brother Braava 380t.
This robotic mop is perfect for those who have a small place who want to keep it clean with minimal effort.
- Compact design.
- Can squeeze in tight areas.
- Very quiet.
- It’s quite affordable at just under $200.
- May not be ideal for large spaces.
- The cleaning solution may run out before you’re done cleaning your floors.
- Battery life is short.
3. bObsweep PetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
The bObsweep PetHair Plus Robotic Vacuum Cleaner and Mop is a hybrid robotic mop that can mop and vacuum at the same time. This high-tech all-in-one home gadget can clean carpeted areas, vinyl, hardwood, tile, and other floor types.
It’s a fancy mopping robot that comes with various advanced features, and powerful enough to take care of tough pet hairs. One of its notable features is its self-charging feature, and it can begin cleaning whenever you want it to once you set it up. You can even program digital blockers that you can set up around your furniture or other spaces you want to clean. Moreover, it has a digital display where you can see when it’s time to empty the dustbin.
- Very versatile and can even be used to clean carpets.
- Fantastic battery life.
- The digital display with battery and dustbin indicators.
- Ideal if you have pets in your home.
- Its parts need to be cleaned regularly to prevent clogging.
- Not good at detecting wires and smaller objects.
Things to Consider when Purchasing a Mopping Robot
- Size and weight. This is an essential factor you need to consider. Nobody wants to carry a heavy and big robot mop from one room to the other. If you have a lot of furniture, a small one can clean underneath them easily. Also, if your home has multiple levels, a lightweight one will be more convenient to carry around.
- Battery life. Mopping robots normally have a 30-minute battery life, but there are high-end models that can last for up three hours. If you’re on a budget, look for a model that can last at least an hour. Those that can run at shorter periods may not clean your space thoroughly.
- Majority of robotic mops comes with onboard control. Make sure to look for those with easy-to-use and simple controls. Keep in mind that even if these devices use a remote control, there are times when you need to program it via its onboard panel.
- Water tank. Those with bigger water tanks means fewer water refills. There are also more advanced models that come with two water tanks, one for clean water for cleansing and the other one for dirty water while the device is mopping.