Car owners presently enjoy the liberty of choosing different types of insurance policies that reputed insurance companies design for them. Did you know that you can purchase Mechanical breakdown insurance (MBI) policy for covering mechanical trips unrelated to accidents?
This is an optional coverage that would cushion your financial expenses in case of technical snags such as a punctured AC hose or a malfunctioning engine. Unless you are prepared with adequate financial backups, regular breakdowns can burn a hole in your pocket. This explains why a significant number of automobile owners opt for MBI packages.
The insurers bring you several packages hence you might find it challenging to choose the most apropos one. Insurance specialists such as Surex can guide you through the selection of the aptest mechanical breakdown insurance policy for your needs. Visit this site to reach out to the experts for professional guidance.
Mechanical Breakdown Insurance Explained
As a car owner, you would be looking for maximum coverage for your vehicle. While standard car insurance would compensate for damage or theft, mechanical breakdown insurance would cover the cost of repair or replacement of the mechanical parts of your automobile.
This might include engine repairs, steering issues, auto-electrical problems, or the cost of battery replacement. Both new and old vehicles fall within the purview of this cover. With mechanical breakdown insurance in place, you would enjoy mental peace, given that it would cover unexpected repair costs.
In other words, these policies cover expenses that are not related to accidents or legal issues. Instead of purchasing an extended warranty from the automobile dealer, you might go for a mechanical breakdown insurance policy. Just like an extended warranty, these policies cover repairs that lie beyond the warranty of the manufacturer.
Is Mechanical Breakdown Included In A Car Insurance Policy?
Regular insurance policies for cars do not include any coverage for maintenance or breakdowns. In case you want to complement your regular car policy, you may go for a mechanical breakdown insurance plan.
This is an add-on policy and does not replace the usual insurance package for your car. Therefore, you need to purchase an MBI policy in addition to the basic insurance plan, collision coverage, comprehensive coverage, etc. With this kind of policy, you would enjoy flexibility in payments, while still covering the vehicle against unforeseen technical issues.
What Do MBI Policies Cover?
Depending on the insurer and the premium you shell out, you can choose from different levels of mechanical breakdown insurance policies. A typical policy would cover the following:
- Engine parts
- Electrical components like the alternator
- Air conditioning
- Fuel system
What Is Not Included In An MBI Policy?
Mechanical breakdown insurance policies do not cover any sort of routine maintenance of your vehicle. Besides, such policies do not provide coverage for accidents either. The typical exclusions of MBI policies for cars are:
- Suspension alignment
- Wheel balancing
- Spark plugs
- Fluids and coolants
- Coolant and fluids
- Linings and brake pads
- Brake shoes
Why Should You Get MBI Policies Rather Than Extended Warranty?
Experts say that car owners should purchase MBI policies instead of extended warranties for several reasons such as:
- MBI schemes may include more systems and parts as compared to extended warranties from dealers
- Owners can get their cars repaired any time they need
- MBI policies charge lower than extended warranties
- Car owners need not fork out a lump sum amount right at the beginning
- In case you get the policy bundled into your car loan, you can split the payments
- When you sell your vehicle, the new owner can inherit the MBI coverage
- You can cancel the policy at any time without a substantial loss
Would You Need A Mechanical Breakdown Insurance?
Firstly, you should understand that mechanical breakdown insurance is not a legal requirement. However, it is always a good idea to have maximum coverage for your car.
Mechanical or technical glitches come unexpectedly. Besides, frequent issues with your vehicle can take a toll on your finances. Although this type of insurance is not a mandate, it is for the sake of securing your finances against unforeseen expenses that you need to purchase one.
Mechanical breakdown insurance is a relatively new insurance product. Not all insurers provide this type of cover to car owners. In case you are not sure about which policy to choose from, simply reach out to insurance specialists.
These professionals keep track of all the products and packages available in the market. They would guide you in choosing the right package for your needs.
Mechanical breakdown insurance schemes are somewhat similar to extended warranties. However, you would enjoy more coverage and flexibility with this kind of package.
Advantages Of A Mechanical Repair Cover
- You would enjoy the mental peace of knowing that most mechanical repairs would be compensated for.
- Some of these mechanical breakdown insurance policies offer additional services such as towing, roadside assistance, and rental cars.
- Insurers calculate the premiums for such policies based on the quality and condition of your vehicle, kilometres travelled, and the coverage term, which ensures flexible payment options.
- If you have an older car, it would be susceptible to technical glitches. Having an MBI policy can help you make long-term savings.
- In case you are purchasing a second-hand car, you need not worry about warranties. Once you have this policy in place, you remain immune to expenses arising out of technical faults.
- Mechanical breakdown insurance policies protect car owners against an unforeseen failure of the car in the future.
- The insurance company would directly handle bill disputes as you get the parts replaced or repaired in case a snag arises.
- You can purchase these policies by paying directly from your bank account or credit card.
Having learned the ins and outs of mechanical breakdown insurance policies, it is at your discretion whether you’d like to financially secure yourself against technical snags.
If you’re in a dilemma about the right MBI policy to choose, reach out to an insurance specialist. Professional scrutiny through all the available plans would help you pick the most economic one.