While designing or choosing a home, people always tend to value how much sunlight during the day the indoors spaces would have.
This is essential especially in the winter season when every ray of light gives another sensation to ones living in the house.
When looking for options to increase the natural lighting and fresh air running through the house throughout all seasons, a sliding bifold doors may be just what you need.
Along with providing the benefits already mentioned, they are a stylish and functional way to integrate indoor-outdoor spaces, while also making the space looks bigger.
What are sliding bifold doors?
Sliding bifold doors are a type of door that consist of multiple panels that fold up against each other and slide along a track.
Typically made of glass and colourless, they are designed to open up an entire wall, creating a wide opening that connects your indoor and outdoor living spaces.
Why choose sliding bifold doors?
Along with natural lighting and ventilation, sliding bifold doors offer several other benefits for homeowners, such as:
- Integrating indoor and outdoor, giving a panoramic view: With this type of doors the vision from inside the house to the outside (and vice versa) is integrated. It gives a nice and tasteful touch, especially when the house has a beautiful garden, patio or a great terrace view.
- Saving space in the room: Due to their nature of folding up against each other in a straight trail, the sliding bifold doors take less space than a regular door while opening to the inside or outside of the house. This allows the owners to have more free space to walk freely or to complement other decorations.
- Bringing more energy efficiency: Since they are made of glass and are see-through. They allow more light to come naturally to the house. Also, they can be designed with energy-efficient features, such as low-E coatings and double glazing, reducing energy bills.
How to choose a sliding bifold doors for your place
When choosing sliding bifold doors for your home, it is important to check:
- the variety and versatility of material
- sizes available
- what best suits your expectations of final design.
Also, the type of glass chosen for the doors can have an impact on how much the doors will be energy efficient and able to isolate outside sounds.
Another thing to consider is choosing the right handles, locks, and hinges, that will securely do their purpose and be durable.
Finally, choosing the installation supplier is essential to ensure that everything is correctly put into place, giving security to the homeowners.
Sliding bifold doors maintenance
For your sliding bifold doors to last, it is important to keep regular maintenance, taking care of the glass and accessories. Here are some tips to help you keep your doors in top condition:
- Clean the glass regularly with a soft cloth and a mild glass cleaner. Avoid abrasive cleaners, since they could cause scratches on the glass.
- Lubricate the accessories with silicone-based products. This will prevent rust and ensure smooth operation.
- Clean the tracks regularly to ensure that the doors are running freely, prevent it getting stuck or sliding incorrectly.
By choosing sliding bifold doors into your design, your home will have a great view and the benefits will give you satisfaction and good quality of life in a fresh and lighten up space every day throughout the year.
In conclusion, sliding bifold doors offer a functional way to increase natural lighting and ventilation in your home while integrating indoor-outdoor spaces and making your space look bigger and well-designed. With the ability to save space, bring more energy efficiency, and provide a panoramic view, they offer several benefits for homeowners and could be the perfect addition to your space.